ActivitiesWhether you wish to walk or drive there is plenty to do!
There are so many activities in and around Ardmore that you won’t be short of things to do! Below is a selection of our top picks for what to do in the surrounding area whilst you stay with us. Many of the attractions and activities have their own website which explains further what you can do. Just follow their respective links from here!
- If you are interested in local arts and crafts, then you must visit the Ardmore ceramic art museum which is open every day. As is our African loom weaving project, with beautiful handwoven bags and cushions for sale made from hand dyed, spun, woven and sewn cotton.
- Visit the Amangwe crafts and beadwork community project selling locally produced crafts from 40 local beaders.
- Pop into the Steve Bull gallery to see some great works from the infamous local artist.
- Bass fishing and bird watching at our large farm dam, across the road roughly 400m from the guest house.
- Enjoy the jungle gym for the kids, trampoline and table tennis.
- Take a dip in our swimming pool with fantastic views of Champagne Castle mountain.
- Take a 45 minute stroll up the hill above the main forest on the farm with views of the entire champagne valley.
- Beautiful mountain biking terrain, if you bring your own bike, feel free to explore the tracks around the farm.
- Relax and enjoy our beautiful tea garden where light lunches, tea and scones and apple pie are served.
- Have a drink in our Honesty bar, play a game of pool, table tennis, or foosball or watch some satellite TV in the pub.
- Take a steep 90 minute hike to the trig beacon on Ardmore Hill, 230m above the guest house, with stunning 360 views.
- Or if you can’t keep offline, surf the internet with our high speed free WiFi.